Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Penang White Coffee

It's a shame to call myself a coffee aficionado when I don't know one of the best coffee in Malaysia is available in Penang - even after visiting the place so many times. I was introduced to the Penang White Coffee by my parents (who only visited the place once. FML) and they asked me to get it for them.



There's many brands in Penang and because my parents don't know which brand was the best, I bought a few to try. The rest of the brands fail miserably in comparison to this particular brand "Salute" and a quick check with a local confirmed that this was the pioneer.




A box is retailing at RM 12, and there is 12 40g sachets. Each sachet is at 20 g heavier than the Nescafe 3 in 1 ones so it's a bargain for the price.



I excitedly tried it since my parents have very colonial mind set and if they say a Malaysian made product is good, they must be good! Verdict : I am impressed! While it may not be the kind of coffee I favor (i like dark roasted beans), it was really smooth and it has this thick foam on top which i like! If you like latte, this is the one coffee for you.



P/s : Just got back from Kuching a few days ago. Now having my finals! Very busy and hardly could breathe! Sorry for the lack of updates and thank you for reading!

5 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

haha.. never really tasted penang white coffee..
and as an ipoh-ian.. i would say ipoh's one is good =)

kenwooi.com

Melanie said...

Kenwooi : I knew I was bound to get a comment from at least ONE ipoh-ian. I thought the Penang one fair better than the ones from Ipoh tho. Personal preference :P

Anonymous said...

white coffee is so over rated. check out Hai Peng coffee from kemaman, terengganu. it will blow you away...

Melanie said...

dSaint : Is it only available in Terengganu? Don't think I will be going it anytime soon but it sure will be on my list of "must- eat and drink"!

Huai Bin said...

I love coffee of all sorts. T_T

It's essential for keeping me awake.