Sunday, June 07, 2009

A hainanese affair

Hainanese breakfast is one of the tastiest yet easiest breakfast to prepare. Not only that , it can keep you full till lunch time!

Toast is almost essential in a hainanese breakfast. I love my toast slightly brown, crispy but not overly crispy that it breaks when you bite it.



If you prefer the sandwich toast, toast a thicker bread and slice them into half. It taste better like this, instead of toasting two thin slices of bread.



My old time favorite toast is the sugar and butter toast. A knob of good old Golden Churn and lots of sugar.



Of course, toast alone is not gonna make you full. Have two half boiled egg to go along with your toast!



However if you prefer to start your day with something savoury, go for the luncheon meat + egg toast.

First, cut the luncheon meat into thick slices. You can either pan fry them or put them in the oven.



Then, prepare a basic omelette.



Spread some mayonaise on the slightly toasted bread and viola!



A closer shot!



And finally, no hainanese breakfast is complete without a good cup of coffee. ;p



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn.... now i'm hungry for some of that...

soulesscloudy said...

yummy breakfast

Nicole said...

Making me hungry!! My favourite breakfast. Toast with eggs. YUMMY!

Melanie said...

dSaint : go grab some food!

Wanwan : I love yummy breakfast! Great kick start to your day!

-p.c- : I love luncheon meat toast!

msihua said...

Oh gosh.. this is giving me cravings.. awesome food =)

Melanie said...

msihua : prepare it :P it's easy!

msihua said...

I'm too lazy.. and It's so much more fun to go back to KL to have it in a coffee shop!! Takes too much effort in this bloody country =)

ILikePaperCutting said...

I heart this food.