Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Goodbye Ah Kong

It's been ten days since my last post..

For those of you who didn't know , i flew back to my hometown last Friday..

Because ... my grandfather passed away.




He was diagnosed with stomach cancer in June last year. Doctor said he had 6 months to live but he made it 9 months.



He was close to me and i remember before he passed away , he wanted to send me to the airport so badly so my dad brought him there. and the last time i heard his voice was when i asked my mum to passed to him the phone ... but that time he was kinda critical so he couldn't hear what i was saying and he cried.

The funeral went on rather grand for him...

There were many flowers for him. More than One lorry! About 24 "sets" of flowers.




This to me is the saddest part. When they brought him to the church from His home.. which means he will never come back again...



It was a short walk down the hill.. but i almost fainted. .from the massive crying. My Ah Kong live opposite the bomba.. the uphill bungalow. Just right beside the Japanese Cemetery.

and later..



Before going for burial at the Nirvana Memorial Park.



This is His new Home.



Ah Kong,

I stil remember every single word you said the last time you gave me advice in your room.

I will miss you dearly..

May your soul rest in peace.

1 comment:

Bengz said...

Mel i dunno what to say...just be strong...the old pass to give way to younger generation...they pass cuz they know their children and grandchildren are well and good...Your Ah Kong must be in a better place than where we are right now...HAIhahaha =)