Monday, April 12, 2010

Nyonya Colors - The Gardens Mid Valley

The patronizing of this restaurant was very impromptu. I was famished by the time I reached Mid Valley and Nyonya Colors happened to be right in front of me, so I walked in.



I find the combination of marble tables with the beautifully drawn wooden stool to be very unique. Love the classic flowers on the chairs!



The menu is nothing much to shout about. They offer mainly local affairs - nasi lemak, fried beehoon and the likes. Instead of opting for nasi lemak, I decided to choose something different and went for the Nasi Kunyit with Chicken Curry.




It was my first time eating glutinous rice cooked like this and I thought the turmeric glutinous rice tasted fine. But the chicken curry was too creamy/milky for my liking. It felt like I was eating chicken cooked in curry flavored milk!



My stomach (mind, body and soul if I may add.lol) doesn't go very well with food that are too creamy and milky. I left almost half of it untouched and even so, I still feel quite sick after that.

I am not so much a fan of kuih-s but i thought they looked very inviting at the counter top so I ordered the talam, lapis beras and red bean to try. They all tasted the same - or maybe because my taste bud was already malfunction by then as I was already feeling very giddy from the horrifying bowl of curry.



What makes matters worse was the teh ais I ordered came extremely sweet. I took only few sips and decided it was too sweet for any human consumption and left it.



The restaurant really made me felt like I just paid RM 14.30 to make myself miserable. Lol.

On a happier note, I'm going for a short therapy!


Exactly a year ago, I was here also here (the hotel, not Penang) for the same reason! Good to be back again. Unlike Nyonya Colors, TuneHotels comes highly recommended from me :P

Now, please excuse me ... as I rejuvenate with beers and pizza on the bed! (and breathe in air cond!) <3

No comments: