Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Krispy Kreme

After reading so much about Krispy Kreme on the Internet I swear to the moon, stars and sun that I must have a bite one day! So when the news of Berjaya bringing Krispy Kreme to Malaysia broke out, needless to say I was exhilarated.



I was a little dissapointed when they decided to open it in Times Square as it's a little time consuming for me to travel there from the airport (and then back to the airport again). I guess they heard me , and just few months later they open one in Midvalley! Halleluiah!



I have a little confession though. As excited as I was, the first time I was there I actually walk through it and told my sister I couldn't find it? Well, i was expecting long queues but it turns out the shop was rather empty.



The donuts choices weren't as extensive as Jco and Big Apples but at the same time, what ever they have(other than the original glazed) in Krispy Kreme are not available in both Jco and Big Apples.



It's a lot cheaper to get two dozens but since I am the only one eating and I am not blessed with a good metabolism rate to burn all the donuts later, I decided to just get a dozen. :p



Texture wise, Krispy Kreme's dough is fluffier and in a way, heavier. What I really like about Krispy Kreme's donuts is the ones that comes with toppings are not "wet" and even if you leave it for two days, it still stays fresh and "in shape". It's a total different case with Jco and Big Apples. Leave it for a few hours ,the donut will flattens and you just don't feel like eating it anymore.



The New York Cheesecake is the best amongst all the flavors. The creme filling was just so, so, so, so good. If I were to die tomorrow, i will have this as my last wish. And after that I will die happily and have no regrets. :D



Second to that is the Glazed Vanilla Cake. The thick glazed crust that coat the outer layer melts in your mouth and is a sure way to give a good sugar rush. Mmmm. Nom. Nom. Nom. Nom.



If you're a fan of Hershey's cookies and cream then this will be for you. I thought it was nothing spectacular though I have to give them credit on the generous amount of toppings.



Oh, did I say I bought an extra seat in Air Asia just to put my boxes of Krispy Kreme?



This is Krispy Kreme checking in, in LCCT- KLIA.



This is Krispy Kreme on the plane, with seat belt on. :)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

p/s : Just kidding about the extra seats :P












5 comments:

Huai Bin said...

I love Krisky Kreme!!!

Especially the filled donuts (cream etc), it's very awesome! =D

iriene said...

Wow, I hope I can go to Mid Valley tomorrow and try the New York Cheese.
By the way, how much is it? Thanks for sharing, truly appreciate it. Do drop by when u r online, thanks :)

Melanie said...

Huai Bin : Yeah me too!!! Too bad they don't have it in Kuching!


Iriene : Not too sure hw much they cost but shouldn't be more than RM 3 per donut. It's cheaper to get in dozens. :P

chris federick said...

Erk... i've done a review of Jco and Big apple b4. But I've also heard of Krispy Kreme from my commenters. Really dying to try it and make a comparison.

Ken Wooi said...

i think the original glazed is the best of all the rest! =)

kenwooi.com