Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Cheese and Tea

I haven't been frequenting any cafe but this has got to be one of the latest eateries in Kuching. I stumbled upon this place while driving and decided to give it a try a few days ago.



It has a very simple and neat interior. Nothing flashy.



Their food variety were rather limited - Only pasta and rice. I was there for lunch and I didn't think pasta would suit my Asian palatte so I went for rice.

I went for the beef rice. There were a few options of sauce to go with and I opted for the safer option, black pepper. The beef are only sealed and it came almost rare. I was a bit sceptical of eating the meat at first because of the doubt I was having on the freshness of the beef. But since it was only a few pieces, I finished it.



The friend went for Lemon Chicken rice. The chicken was nicely fried and the sauce was good too. But for the portion of the chicken, RM 5.50 is quite a hefty price to pay.



It also came with a bowl of soup that taste pretty much like tap water. ;p



As the name of the shop suggests, the drinks options were only tea. There were about 10 flavoured tea to choose from and I went for passion fruit tea. Besides having bits of coconut jelly, there's nothing to shout about the tea.



Other than the almost rotten lettuce as a garnish, I don't have much to complaint on the food side. The major setback of this restaurant was the plates, bowls and glass were plastic. A major faux pas for me. ;p



I think it's quite hard for them to stay in the business (I'm not cursing them) The varieties were way too limited and the food were just edible. There wasn't anything spectacular and it was nothing more than filling your growling tummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May i know where is the location of this shop?

Melanie said...

Anonymous :

it's beside jade pot jalan keretapi.