Monday, February 09, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009

I didn't intend to post this today, but since it's Chap Goh Mey, i thought it will be a good idea to post this.



I don't have much visitors every year. My family is a small family and the visitors consist more of my dad's worker and parent's friends and each year the food on display is pretty much the same.

Pineapple Tarts



Meat Floss Tarts



Kuih
Bangkit



Cheese Sticks



Cashew nuts



Dried Pork with Fruit Juice


Yes, you read it right. with fruit juice! Damn good!

Dried Cuttlefish



I only took pictures of the snacks that were on display but fact is, i had so much more in the kitchen! Hehe. I don't know if you guys would agree with me on this but, houses that had too much snacks on display just look so cheap. :)



Happy Chap Goh Mey , readers! It'll be one good year again, till the next Chinese New Year. In the meantime, have a good year and play safe. :)


3 comments:

David said...

Hi Mel...
Wow~ Nice snacks for visitors.
Meat floss tarts, cheese sticks, and certainly dried pork with FRUIT JUICE is totally new to me....

Erm, about the dried pork with fruit juice, is it like lemon chicken, like those served in Chinese restaurant dinners?

Melanie said...

Hie David!

The dried pork tasted like our normal bak gwa but its a lot juicier and it has fruity after taste. Not like the strawberry-orange-melon kind of fruity, but more like a hint of fruit juices.

David said...

Ahh... I see. Is it homemade or you bought it?